Sunday, February 17, 2008

Let There Be LIGHT! And HEAT! And HOT Showers!!!

First of all, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Southeastern Illinois Electric for getting our electricity back up and running.  WOW!  Was it COLD in my house without power!  I have always been perfectly happy with an "all electric" home, until experiencing 74.5 hours, in mid-February, without heat. 


I don't really consider myself a wimp, or a "girly" girl, actually I know I'm a bit of a "tom-boy" .  After all I spend nine days living in a tent with no running water or electricity at Sundance each summer.  Then I spend another nine days, the end of July, riding horses and sleeping in the non electrified dressing room of my horse trailer.  I always manage just fine during these times.  However doing without heat in mid-February is a completely different situation!


I can pretty much say, with complete confidence, that next winter we will have not only a power generator but a gas fireplace as well!  Live and learn.  Regardless, I am so, so happy to have heat again!  It's nice to also have television, internet and hot water.

We are so spoiled!

Oh well!  Live, Love and Laugh!

No comments:

My Cherokee Grandmother

My Cherokee Grandmother
Selva COX/Opal Nokomis SMITH Nolen

Enjoying the Ride

Enjoying the Ride
October 31, 2008

Daddy Cat, Jr.

Daddy Cat, Jr.
"You're blocking my light!"

Chester

Chester
Chester & Princess Out For a Ride
Powered By Blogger