Sunday, February 3, 2008

Groundhogs?!?!?!?


Can furry little critters really forecast the weather?



Let's see.



When it's going to rain, my knees and hands hurt and if it's really going to be a major storm system my head threatens to
explode. When the barometer drops, the horses and cattle lay down. If the wind is out of the west and it is blowing cold or rain or snow, my girls (horses) will have their rumps pointed in that direction. When the weatherman says we're going to have two or more inches of snow, the local Kroger parking lot is completely full and you can't get your cart through the aisles.



All indicators of the weather?



Now I am pretty certain all animals who live above ground are directly affected by the weather, hot or cold, and all the changes
it can bring. But seriously, can a furry little fella who burrows underground for a long winters nap, be awakened by some big burly, parka wearing guy, yanked out of his warm, comfy winters nest and expected to know how many more weeks of winter we will have? And just because they are going to have six more weeks in PA, does that naturally mean we will have the same here in SOUTHERN IL???



I think they need to leave poor little Pux_______ (can't possibly spell his name) Phil alone and just wait a few weeks to see what Mother Nature has in store. I mean does it really matter what the large rodent thinks? And who speaks groundhog, after all?
I think I would rather just wait, take one winter day at a time, and not have to think about six more weeks of cold.


Just my opinion, and just another reason to ALWAYS REMEMBER to


LIVE, LOVE, and LAUGH!

No comments:

My Cherokee Grandmother

My Cherokee Grandmother
Selva COX/Opal Nokomis SMITH Nolen

Enjoying the Ride

Enjoying the Ride
October 31, 2008

Daddy Cat, Jr.

Daddy Cat, Jr.
"You're blocking my light!"

Chester

Chester
Chester & Princess Out For a Ride
Powered By Blogger