Friday, February 8, 2008

Winter Wonderland

I have come to the conclusion that I, as I get older, should take up residence in a state with a much warmer year round climate. Still I have to admit that there is something so beautiful and peaceful about newly fallen snow. It's just that darn cold wind that makes my bones hurt!






I even like to go out and "play" in the snow with my dogs and, if they are out of school, my grandkids. Providing I can get on enough warm clothes and still move, I even like to go for a short horseback ride in the snow. I am however learning that it is just easier and much more comfortable to just bundle up and take a quick trip around the yard to snap a picture or two, then hurry back inside to a nice warm cup of green tea.






And then, there is Spot! Spot never seems to get cold when it comes to playing in the snow. When I decide I've had enough fun in the frigid air and re-enter the warmth of my house, closing the door in his face, Spot sits at the patio door, tilts his head to one side and stares at me through the glass. I imagine he will weigh 75 pounds by spring due to all the chew bones that head tilt earns him! He is just so darn cute!



This week the snow is all gone, we even had thunderstorms earlier this week. It's difficult to adjust to the weather since it's colder than a brass monkey one day and the next the temperature is in the 50's! It's a little strange when you are ducking for cover in early February because the tornado sirens are sounding. If the weather is so unstable in February, what is March going to bring? Snow? Thunderstorms and high winds? Gentle rain???



Oh! I AM so looking forward to SPRING!

No comments:

My Cherokee Grandmother

My Cherokee Grandmother
Selva COX/Opal Nokomis SMITH Nolen

Enjoying the Ride

Enjoying the Ride
October 31, 2008

Daddy Cat, Jr.

Daddy Cat, Jr.
"You're blocking my light!"

Chester

Chester
Chester & Princess Out For a Ride
Powered By Blogger