Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas from Southern Illinois!

The weather has been lousy but the day was wonderful. Family, especially the grandkids, made me laugh, cry and wore me out! Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberries (fresh, of course) green beans, salad, veggies and dip, hot rolls and of course lots of dessert. I think I've gained another 5 pounds just thinking about all that food!

Such happy times, at least for our family. But what about all those families with loved ones in the Middle East? My heart goes out to all of them. My husband served in Viet Nam and even though I didn't really know him at that time, I have to wonder what is it was like for him to be away from home in a strange land where he was not wanted? How did his parents handle having their son so far away in such a dangerous situation? I have heard their "remembered stories", but at the moment they were living through it all, how painful it must have been.

So I have to say that having my family here, with me in Southern Illinois is a true blessing. I have so many blessings in my life, and I am grateful.

Because I chose Christmeas evening to begin my blog I'm going to wait for another day to get too serious about my posts.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Remember to always, Live, Love & Laugh!!!

No comments:

My Cherokee Grandmother

My Cherokee Grandmother
Selva COX/Opal Nokomis SMITH Nolen

Enjoying the Ride

Enjoying the Ride
October 31, 2008

Daddy Cat, Jr.

Daddy Cat, Jr.
"You're blocking my light!"

Chester

Chester
Chester & Princess Out For a Ride
Powered By Blogger