Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Where Did It Go?

Well, my friends, I think summer is over. I'm not exactly sure how this happened so quickly, it's just gone! Don't misunderstand, I LOVE this time of year. The problem is the prophecy of my parents and grandparents has come true! Time now passes way to quickly. The days are way to short. Time flies, seasons come and are GONE and I'm left asking, "WHERE DID IT GO?". And with the time that has passed too fast, there are changes that have occurred. Family members age, and some have past away. Friends divorce or separate, move away or move back home. Children and grandchildren grow and change, too quickly! Beloved animals begin to "show their age", and so do we. I'm starting to dislike my mirror a great deal. The face I see in my mind and the one looking back at me from the mirror just don't jive! That person in the mirror has way too many wrinkles and bags beneath the eyes...who is that anyway?

On the other hand, I am much more comfortable in my skin than I was when I was younger. I may not appreciate the aging process but it certainly beats the alternative. I have learned to weed out the things in my life that not longer help me be me. Sometimes this can be a painful thing to do but one that we all face from time to time. Old clothes that no longer fit, due to redistribution of body parts. Old furniture, old ideas and some old habits must be sorted and discarded. Painful! All these "chores" are things we didn't have to face when we were young. I suppose they can be viewed as achieving another level. My question here is, just how many levels are there, anyway? Oh, wait! Maybe I shouldn't ask that question, maybe I should just relax and enjoy the ride.

Here is my inspiration:


Jake the mule is about 23 years old.  Chester, the Man is soon to be 92 years young!

ENJOY THE RIDE!

No comments:

My Cherokee Grandmother

My Cherokee Grandmother
Selva COX/Opal Nokomis SMITH Nolen

Enjoying the Ride

Enjoying the Ride
October 31, 2008

Daddy Cat, Jr.

Daddy Cat, Jr.
"You're blocking my light!"

Chester

Chester
Chester & Princess Out For a Ride
Powered By Blogger