Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I am in awe!!!

Can you believe this weather? Autumn is my favorite time of year and this year it seems to be arriving early. This is fine by me! The air is off and the fresh air is flowing in. I suspect the fall colors will be magnificent and the best part of it all, even the warmest days are pleasant. As far as I'm concerned it could stay like this year round!

Soon my mother and I will be traveling to the Smokey Mountains for a little vacation. She and I have never attempted this venture before, should be interesting. I'm praying she can stay healthy and enjoy this trip. Since my father passed in 2001 my Mom has wanted us to take a trip together but till now it has just never panned out. This may be a once in a lifetime adventure or could become an annual event. Time will tell. I'm not sure how I feel about going on vacation without Addie, it will be very strange. Actually I'm hoping to talk him into going along but I haven't won that argument just yet.

My Mother left the destination of our vacation up to me. She should have known that if I were choosing it would have to be the E. TN/NC area as this is where my heart is. For some reason, and I'm pretty sure I understand why but won't go into it now, when I first see those mountains come into view it feels as though I am returning home after a long absence. Those of you who know me well, understand.
It has indeed been some time since my last visit to this area. Believe it or not, Addie and I were on vacation in this area the week of 9/11/01. I have not had the opportunity to return since.

Next year several of my Cherokee sister-friends and I plan to backtrack the Trail of Tears, at least the IL/Ky/TN/NC part of the trail. Looking forward to that adventure and the time spent with the other women. Ah! Life is grand!

No comments:

My Cherokee Grandmother

My Cherokee Grandmother
Selva COX/Opal Nokomis SMITH Nolen

Enjoying the Ride

Enjoying the Ride
October 31, 2008

Daddy Cat, Jr.

Daddy Cat, Jr.
"You're blocking my light!"

Chester

Chester
Chester & Princess Out For a Ride
Powered By Blogger