Sunday, February 25, 2007

Trail of Tears

For those of you who share an interest in the Cherokee People, Cherokee heritage and history, this link is the account of John G. Burnett's Story of the Removal of the Cherokees.

I have at different times talked to some people who believe the story of the Trail of Tears is bogus. There are those who think all the Cherokee People chose to leave their homes in the Mountains of the Blue Mist, Smokey Mountains, to be herded like cattle to Indian Territory in the west. I wish I could send this link to all those folks. Of course there are always doubters, like those who think the Nazi's never did horrible things to the Jews, the white folks here in this country never beat their slaves, etc.
Those stories are in the history books. We DID hear and read about those happenings in school. I bet you never saw John G. Burnett's story in a high school history book! Why is that do you suppose? Your input is welcome...

So please, take the time to click on the link (title, Trail of Tears) above to read Mr. Burnett's story. He was a man of compassion.

No comments:

My Cherokee Grandmother

My Cherokee Grandmother
Selva COX/Opal Nokomis SMITH Nolen

Enjoying the Ride

Enjoying the Ride
October 31, 2008

Daddy Cat, Jr.

Daddy Cat, Jr.
"You're blocking my light!"

Chester

Chester
Chester & Princess Out For a Ride
Powered By Blogger