Sunday, February 25, 2007

It's FEBRUARY!!!



We finally had our first real snow fall of the season. What a strange winter it has been! For the longest time the temperatures stayed quite warm, then it rained, and rained. Then it rained some more, enough rain! We've had way too much wind, especially with the soggy ground which means many trees have been uprooted and many limbs are found in and along side the roadways. But the snow was pretty, didn't last long due to the temperature bouncing back up into the upper 40's and 50's within a day or two. Now we've had more rain and another slight cooldown. Of course all this fun means that most everyone has, or has had, some sort of sinus/head cold, bronchitis, etc. for months now. Everytime I begin to believe my head is about to clear up the weather makes a drastic change and wouldn't you know it, I'm right back where I was a week ago! I am so ready for SPRING!



I haven't been on a horse since mid December. Everytime I think I will have the time to ride the weather decides not to permit it happening. When we do have the occasional warm, dry day, everyone needs something from me. So I imagine that by the time I do get in the saddle again it will be like starting all over. You know, saddle sores, stiff, sore muscles, etc., but it is always worth it. I can almost smell that clean, fresh Spring air now...
And, until it really is warm and sunny and the buds and blooms start to pop, keep your head up and remember to "LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH"!

No comments:

My Cherokee Grandmother

My Cherokee Grandmother
Selva COX/Opal Nokomis SMITH Nolen

Enjoying the Ride

Enjoying the Ride
October 31, 2008

Daddy Cat, Jr.

Daddy Cat, Jr.
"You're blocking my light!"

Chester

Chester
Chester & Princess Out For a Ride
Powered By Blogger