Tuesday, May 27, 2008

AND WHAT A SPRING IT HAS BEEN!!!

I'm not quite sure where to begin.  It has been too long since my last post, not
that I haven't considered a line or two now and then.  

On March 31, 2008, I lost my only sibling.  My brother Neil was found face
down on the floor of his apartment about two hours after his son and a friend
left him.  When my nephew left at about 9:30 p.m., Neil was fine.  Sometime 
between 11:30 and midnight the police called my nephew to tell him that
Neil had been found dead.

Neil's death is still under investigation.

It took some time to "deal" with this loss, we're still dealing with it
but the hurt is not as raw as it was a month ago.

My husband and I have been doing some revamping in the house.  So
far we have new flooring on the main level, the kitchen, living room,
bedroom and master bath.  I finally have the flooring I have always
wanted!  The old house is looking better, fresher and that old carpet
is out of my life!

On May 6, about 4:00 a.m., my beautiful mare Lady gave birth to a 
healthy black and white horse colt.  I have yet to fill out the registration 
papers but his name will be Tawodi's Spotted Alen Joe, or "AJ" for short.
He is wonderful!  I began working with him the day he was born and he 
pretty much thinks he's a big puppy.  He has this cute little red halter that
I have had on him several times, red is his color.  I just may have to keep
this one!







On April 19, (jumping around a bit) several of my Sundance family and friends
came to Southern IL to help set up a tipi in my back yard.  It took some
doing thanks to the rain and mud, but we got it up.  We had ceremony in the
tipi that evening and now I look forward to some of my Sundance family who will
return in a week or so to spend some time doing lodge and staying in the tipi
in preparation for Dance.




















The Peace and Dignity Journeys will soon begin.  the Trail of Tears portion of the run will
begin in Red Clay, TN June 3.  I can't physically take part in this years run due to Sundance
but I hope that someday I will be able to run at least through KY, IL and MO.  The Peace and Dignity Journey will take place again in another four years...

I'm sure there is a lot more to be said but I believe it will have to wait for another post.

As always, Remember to 

  LIVE, LOVE AND LAUGH!!!

No comments:

My Cherokee Grandmother

My Cherokee Grandmother
Selva COX/Opal Nokomis SMITH Nolen

Enjoying the Ride

Enjoying the Ride
October 31, 2008

Daddy Cat, Jr.

Daddy Cat, Jr.
"You're blocking my light!"

Chester

Chester
Chester & Princess Out For a Ride
Powered By Blogger